Life After Hopkins
The goal of the First Destinations Infographics is to provide our community of students, alumni, employers, and other stakeholders with annual insights regarding the post graduate placement for our most recent alumni.
Information summarized here is based on student survey responses collected at the time of graduation. This includes job, internship, and graduate school data.
BS Mechanical Engineering
Of the BS Mechanical Engineering alumni of the Classes of 2015 through 2023 reporting, in their first year post-graduation:
Engineering Practice – 245
- 171 have gone into Mechanical Engineering practice
- 40 are involved in consulting and analysis – mainly in mechanical engineering and some in other engineering fields
- 34 are in other engineering careers, teaching, entrepreneurship, research, finance, and military service.
Graduate Education – 96
- 58 have continued education for a Mechanical Engineering graduate degree
- 13 have continued education for a Robotics graduate degree
- 25 have continued education for a graduate degree – engineering or elsewhere.
BS Engineering Mechanics
Of the BS Engineering Mechanics alumni of the Classes of 2010 through 2022 reporting, in their first year post-graduation:
Engineering Practice: 17
- 11 have gone into Mechanical Engineering practice
- 6 are in other engineering careers: data science, research, and finance.
Graduate Education: 6
- 6 have continued education for a graduate degree in various engineering and robotics fields.