Career Center celebrates faculty and staff who support student career development
It takes a campus to foster successful, confident, and career-ready Johns Hopkins students.
This past week, the Career Center has celebrated the more than 130 faculty and staff nominated by current Homewood students for helping guide their career development. The faculty and staff—including librarians and coaches—who were nominated for the inaugural Career Champion awards were delivered swag bags that included H-shaped cookies from local Stone Mill Bakery as a thank you for their dedicated guidance.
Five faculty members and one staff member from the Department of Mechanical Engineering were nominated for 2018 Career Champion Awards. They are:
- Noah Cowan, Professor
- Joseph Katz, William F. Ward Sr. Distinguished Professor of Mechanical Engineering
- Nathan Scott, Associate Teaching Professor
- Steve Marra, Associate Teaching Professor
- Yun Chen, Assistant Professor
- Mike Bernard, Academic Program Manager